‘Cheeko’ is reported to have suffered seizures, lost his sense of balance and subsequently died after the incident on July 25.
An investigation has been launched into the claims – however, the Scottish SPCA have warned that it may be difficult for them to prove as the cat has already been buried.
Alison Simpson, a senior inspector with the animal protection agency, said: “We have received a report relating to a cat which allegedly died after ingesting cocaine.
“Our investigations into this report are ongoing.”
It has been reported that Cheeko belonged to 18-year-old Nickay Grant from Buckie, who had left the pet with a family friend as she also had four dogs and feared the cat’s safety.