DEMAND FROM RESIDENTS and tourists in Moray has resulted in a new cycle guide being published by Moray Speyside Tourism.
The guide compliments the 11 ‘Health Walk Groups’ already operating in the region – short, safe social walks delivered by qualified leaders to help people become more physically active.
Those wishing to take part can simply turn up at a weekly session of their choice – with a ‘buggy walk’ also available for mums or dads who have babies or young children they wish to take along. The walks include a monthly Autism Health Walk in Forres and a Quarriers’ Alzheimers session in Elgin.
Now the new ‘Cycle Moray Speyside’ guide is available, offering residents and visitors 10 locations in Moray that are ideal for cyclists. The guide provides information on road and mountain trails, highlighting where they are suitable or not for family outings. Information on the guide can be seen by logging on at the Moray Speyside Tourism website where a copy can be downloaded.
Meanwhile the annual Glen Moray Sportive and Bike Ride is to take place on Sunday, June 26.
The event is organised by Glen Moray distillery, North East Sensory Service (NESS) and Moray Council and includes a 10, 25 and 75-mile option.
The Sportive raises funds for NESS and starts and finishes at Glen Moray distillery. Organisers are hoping to beat the record set last year and enlist more than 206 cyclists – registration for this event is now open online via www.q-buster.com.
Walking events for your diary:
- Lossiemouth on Mondays at 1.30pm starting from the Library
- Forres on Mondays at 1.30pm, and on Wednesday at 10.30am there’s a buggy walk starting at Forres House Community Centre.
- Dufftown on Wednesdays at 10am starting at the Whisky Museum and Heritage Centre
- Elgin on Wednesdays at 1pm starting at Elgin Library, Thursdays 10am starting at Moray Leisure Centre
- Hopeman on Thursday at 6.30pm starting at Hopeman Pavilion
- Buckie on Wednesdays at 6.30pm starting at Buckie Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre.
- Rothes on Thursdays at 10am meeting at Seafield Square
For further information on any event contact Moray Council’s Sports Development team on 01343 563657.