Ladt updated: 14 December 2022
Over the winter period, we’re rounding up a list of warm spaces across Moray for anyone who needs it.
As well as staying warm and reducing costs, these spaces offer a great opportunity to meet with old friends and meet new ones.
Facilities in Forres can also be found at forreslocal.com/warmspaces/
- Forres Baptist Church – every Tuesday from 10am to noon, offering free drinks and snacks. Food pantry (take what you need). Toys for children to play with. Free Christmas dinner on 25 December, call 01309 676974 to book.
- St Leonard’s Church (from 10 January) – every Tuesday and Thursday from 2pm to 4pm, offering free tea and coffee. Magazines and books, board games.
- Forres Town Hall – Games afternoon in the heated Lesser Hall, every Tuesday from 3:30pm to 5:30pm until Tuesday 20 December. Free tea and coffee. Selection of board games.
- Forres House Community Centre and Forres Library – Community centre: open Monday to Saturday (check for opening times). Library: open Monday, Wednesday 10am to 5pm, Tuesday, Thursday 10am to 8pm, and Saturday 10-12 noon. Everyone welcome. Cafe on site.
- Elgin Baptist Church, Reidhaven Street – every Wednesday and Friday from 12 noon to 4pm. Warm space and a bowl of soup
- Elgin Community Centre, Trinity Road – (Details to be confirmed)
- Elgin High Church – weekly lunch club (details to be confirmed)
- Elgin Town Hall – every Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, from, from 10am to 1pm, offering free coats to help you stay warm for winter.
- Free Church of Scotland – every Tuesday from 10.30am till 12 noon. Also no charge for food from Moray Food Plus table.
- Elgin Library – Monday to Friday from 10am to 8pm and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays.
- Spynie Kirk – every Thursday from 10am to 4pm, offering tea, coffee and cup of soup.
- Dr Gray’s Unpaid Carer Cafe – in the canteen on 19 December, 16 January, 13 February, 13 March.
- Grant Hall – Christmas dinner on 25 December, 11am to 4pm (dinner served at noon), gifts handed out. Guest list is now open to the community to help unite people all over moray who would otherwise be spending Christmas alone, or would like to be part of a community Christmas. Call 07742 810852.
- Church of Scotland – every Monday from 2pm to 4pm.
- Cullen Men’s Shed – behind community centre (Details to be confirmed).
- Warm Hub in Cullen – every Wednesday from 11:30 to 2pm, offering hot food and various activities. This will run until 14 December.
- North Church Hall – every Tuesday 11:30am to 1:30pm, offering soup and sweet (donations) and every second Wednesday 2pm to 4pm for coffee and company.
- Buckie Baptist Church – Saturday
- The Hub – every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 4pm and Tuesday evening 6-8pm.
- Salvation Army Warm Bank, New Street, Buckie – every Wednesday 11am to 3pm, offering free hot food and a cuppa. Learn new skills and stay warm.
- Lossie Baptist Church – every Wednesday from 4pm to 8pm. Food provided. Families welcome.
- Lossiemouth Community Fire Station – station doors will be open on Thursday 15 December from 2:30pm to 4pm to host a public warm space.
- Catch 79 Bistro – every Sunday from noon to 3pm and 5-10pm, offering a roaring fire, hot drinks and soup.
If you know of any others including outlying areas, please let us know by emailing email@example.com