A short film Premiere, fashion entrepreneur and business summit are just some of the features of the upcoming Moray Business Week.
Taking place between Monday 10 and Friday 14 November, the week will inspire local businesses to grow, innovate and internationalise.
Fergus Ewing MSP, Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Tourism will launch the programme on Monday 10 November at Moray College UHI at 12noon.
The week begins with a talk by Wayne Hemingway co-founder of British fashion chain Red or Dead. The week finishes with the first showing of “It’s Happening”, a short documentary of inspirational young social entrepreneurs, hosted by Out of The Darkness Theatre Company and run in partnership with the Social Enterprise Academy.
In between is a packed programme on subjects from digital marketing to winning public contracts and almost a full day of events on internationalisation and innovation.
There is something for everyone. For those in the tourism industry, for example, Cameron Taylor, MoraySpeyside’s Tourism Operations Manager will give a talk in Pursuit of the Perfect Tourist – for women in business, Jackie Waring will present a taster session on the Business Gateway ‘Get SET for Growth’ programme to run in the new year.
Two careers fairs, for west schools at Elgin Academy and east schools at Buckie High School will give an opportunity for pupils and students to see the range of careers available to them.
The full programme is available at www.moraybusinessweek.eventbrite.co.uk and places can be booked online. These are allocated on a first come first served basis. All events are free of charge.
A spokesperson for all the partners who have come together to put on this programme, said: “This will be a fantastic opportunity for businesses from all sectors to be inspired, entertained, challenged with new ideas and encouraged to consider new ways of thinking. Businesses will also be made fully aware of the huge amount of local support available to help them achieve their objectives.”
Some of the highlights of the week include:
- The Entrepreneurial Mix Moray – a session run by the Prince’s Trust Youth Business Scotland (Monday 10 November).
- Mailchimp workshop – run by Canary Dwarf of Forres (Tuesday 11 November).
- Social Enterprise Marketplace – shopping opportunities and free entertainment, including a performance from Out of the Darkness Theatre Company, and craft sessions with Earthtime for All. Run by TSi Moray (Tuesday 11 November).
- Winning Contracts in the Public Sector– run by Business Gateway, including advice on improving your tender score (Tuesday 11 November).
- Dealing with Cyber Crime – a session from the National Retail and Tourism Resilience organised by the Federation of Small Businesses (Tuesday 11 November).
- Internationalisation and Innovation – introduced by Highlands and Island Enterprise, these events offer support and advice for growing markets overseas (Wednesday 12 November).
- Moray Chamber of Commerce Business Summit – a morning event with the theme of ‘Growing Your Business’. Presented Mervyn Stanley, along with information on funding opportunities (Friday 14 November).