A 1000 MILE trek set out from Moray at the weekend to raise awareness of a charity that is supporting injured members of the armed forces.
The ‘Walk for Britain’ is being backed by Prince Harry who has said that he will join the walkers for a short period at some point along their route.
Four British and two United States veterans who were all wounded while serving in Afghanistan set out from the Glenfiddich Distillery with the ultimate aim of reaching Buckingham Palace on November 1.
Along the way other former servicemen and women will join the walk which in its first week will pass through Loch Ness, Fort William and Pitlochry before reaching the Falkirk Wheel, Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Behind the event is the ‘Walking with the Wounded’ charity, for whom co-founder Edward Parker said: “Yet again we will be able to demonstrate that despite injuries these men and women look to their future with great determination and courage.
“We are also very excited about walking amongst communities who have been so supportive of the military and Walking with the Wounded.”
Prince Harry attended a reception earlier this year that launched the challenge and announced at that he would take a ‘small part’ of their journey. He has supported the charity since it was formed and has taken part in their treks to the North Pole in 2011 and the South Poll in 2013.