[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Male” buttontext=”Listen to Post”]
Tourism and visitor businesses throughout Moray Speyside are being invited to get involved and find out more about a major initiative which aims to provide a secure and sustainable future for tourism development in the region.
Since 2014, Moray Speyside Tourism, the region’s destination marketing organisation, has promoted the region to visitors, supported local tourism businesses and represented the region’s tourism industry at national and international level. During this time the annual value of tourism to the Moray Speyside economy has grown by record levels and now stands at £130 million per year.
Moray Speyside Tourism’s Operation Manager, Laurie Piper, says: “We have launched a campaign to introduce a Tourism Business Improvement District for Moray and Speyside which will provide tourism businesses with an opportunity to shape and direct their own future. The Tourism Business Improvement District is a new way of investing in Moray’s tourism industry which would result in more investment in the region’s tourism industry, more UK and international marketing of our region, more support for tourism businesses and no reliance on public funding.
“We are inviting businesses across Moray to come along to one of the numerous engagement events which are happening at locations throughout Moray Speyside over the next two weeks.
“The events will be an opportunity to find out how this exciting project can benefit tourism businesses and secure the future of Moray Speyside as a world-class tourism destination. They will also give business owners the chance to make sure the priorities they think are most important are included in the Tourism Business Improvement District business plan, which will be voted on by the businesses later this year.
“These free events are open to all tourism businesses in the region but are primarily aimed at tourism operators (including accommodation providers, activity operators, visitor centres and distilleries) who are registered as businesses within the Moray Council area and who have a rateable value of £2,000 or more.”
The Tourism Business Improvement District events take place over a two-week period, starting this afternoon, Monday 15 July, in 11 locations across the region including Cullen, Forres, Tomintoul, Elgin and Lossiemouth.
A full list of the event dates can be found below; places can be booked on www.morayspeysidetbid.com/engagement
- Eight Acres Hotel, Elgin – Monday 15 July @ 2pm
- Strathisla Distillery, Keith – Tuesday 16 July @ 2pm
- Stotfield Hotel, Lossiemouth – Wednesday 17 July @ 5pm
- Forres Town Hall, Forres – Thursday 18 July @ 2pm
- Ramnee Hotel, Forres – Thursday 18 July @ 5pm
- Ballindalloch Distillery, Ballindalloch – Monday 22 July @ 2pm
- Baxters Highland Village, Fochabers – Tuesday 23 July @ 2pm
- Baxters Highland Village, Fochabers – Tuesday 23 July @ 5pm
- Fleming Hall, Aberlour – Wednesday 24 July @ 2pm
- Richmond Memorial Hall, Tomintoul – Wednesday 24 July @ 7pm
- Seafield Arms, Cullen – Thursday 25 July @ 2pm
- Grant Arms Hotel, Grantown-on-Spey – Friday 26 July @ 2pm
More information about Moray Speyside Tourism is available on www.morayspeyside.com