POLICE HAVE SAID that there was nothing criminal in the reported attempted abduction incident in Findochty – but still wish to hear from anyone on a similar incident in Forres.
Earlier this week an appeal was issued relation to the two incidents, with Police believing that they may have been linked.
However, it has emerged that no criminality took place in the Findochty incident. Enquiries on the Forres incident, which involved a teenage boy being approached by a bald male in his fifties, in ongoing.
Police have said they are gathering information and that the man is reported to have been driving a green vehicle in the St Leonards Road area of Forres on Sunday, July 9 between 3pm and 3.30pm.
Detective Inspector Armit said: “The two incidents are not linked and in relation to the report of a man approaching a girl in the Cliff Street area of Findochty on Friday, July 7, between 8 and 8.30pm we can confirm that nothing untoward took place.
“Enquiries into the Forres incident are ongoing and we continue to appeal for anyone with information to come forward. Anyone who believes they can help is asked to contact 101.”