ORGANISERS OF THE BUCKIE Classic Car show have revealed that a new venue has been identified for the event and it will go ahead on August 27.
Earlier this week it was revealed that the original venue – Linzee Gordon Park – was not suitable for the expected 250 vehicles following recent wet weather.
Moray Council said that the condition of the park would not support the vehicles, in particular following damage caused by the recent 100th anniversary celebrations in memory of George McIntosh VC.
The Buckie Classic Car group were informed that their lease of the park had been cancelled by Moray Council – leaving them to identify a replacement just weeks from the event. However, on Thursday morning club representative John Clark said that the show would go ahead.
He told insideMORAY: “This morning we got confirmation on our new venue for this year so we’re good to go on August 27.
“This year our Show will be held at Cruickshank’s old yard, which is all hard standing for each vehicle – and there is a huge grass area for all the trade stalls, gazebos etc. We are just in the process of setting up parking for visitors, with the address of the new venue Cunningholes Industrial Estate, Buckie, AB56 4DA.
“It’s been a hectic last couple days and with the show being just two weeks this Sunday – we have a lot of logistics to organise. We would like to thank Councillor Sonya Warren, who has been a great help as has Councillor Gordon Cowie.
“Next year it might be the case we plan a super show in the square and Main Street in Buckie, as we have been inundated with messages in favour of this.
“Moray Council did come back and offer to have the show in Buckie Square and the Main Street for this year, but with the time frame of just two weeks it was logistically impossible to organise in the short time we had.”