[responsivevoice_button voice=”UK English Female” buttontext=”Listen to Post”]
In the latest of our features on the work of distillers William Grant & Sons this month we begin looking at the roles people might wish never have considered applying for…..
Spirit Supply Team Leader – Working at the sharp end
DO YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE of working in a production environment and a proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their full potential?
If so, this could be the opportunity for you. William Grant & Sons are looking for a Spirit Supply Team Leader to lead, develop and manage aspects of filling operations, emptying operations, warehouse operations and cooperage operations – to ensure the delivery of key results in line with overall Spirit Supply strategy ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation.
Based from our flagship Distillery in Dufftown, the spiritual home of our company and where our founder created the first dram of Glenfiddich 125 years ago, this role will support and enable the ambitious plans of a growing global spirits company with a portfolio of premium brands, including Glenfiddich, Hendricks Gin and Grant’s whisky to name but a few.
As a vital member of the team you will be involved in a variety of exciting projects which will include:
- Lead, motivate and develops their team member in line with company values to maximise engagement.
- Lead and support improvement projects utilising continuous improvement techniques and ensure ownership and knowledge transfer is effective post project implementation.
- Using CI techniques support a drive for improved operating costs and efficient resource management.
- Monitor and implement improvements to maximise supplier performance
- Preparation and translation of operational reports to provide real-time updates on plant performance, including individual performance, and overall demonstrating compliance with the objectives and regulatory requirements.
- Manage operational expenditure to meet variable and fixed cost budgets.
- Maintains the safe operation of their process to ensure continuity of operations. Escalates where appropriate to relevant person.
William Grant & Sons take pride in embracing the pioneering spirit of their founder, continually seeking new ways to improve and develop, and sharing ideas, expertise, knowledge and opinions will be encouraged as part of your day to day role.
Applicants for this work should be proven leaders who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their full potential with experience of working in a Continuous Improvement culture. It is essential they have experience of managing teams and of working in a production environment
As the largest Scotch whisky distiller still remaining in family ownership, the company takes a long term view of their business and are committed to developing and supporting our people.
Their distilleries are the heart of that our commitment to grow and the people and teams that keep the lights on are essential to everything we do! So if you think you’re the type of Rare character that could be part of our family and thrive in a pioneering and agile environment then we would like to hear from you!
Visit http://careers.williamgrant.com/vacancies for more on this and other posts available at William Grant & Sons.